We collect several types of information on our website:
- Standard web server traffic information: This information is used to determine the number of visitors to our site, length of stay and sources of traffic. We collect aggregate data – or total of those visiting from a domain – not information identifying individual users. We use this information to help improve our site and service to you.
- Personal information provided by you: We collect email addresses and other personal information only when you provide it to us. If you request information, make a donation, or register in the patient forum, we collect your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number and/or email address. We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it voluntarily and knowingly. NTMir reserves the right to terminate your account if it learns that you have provided false or misleading registration information in an attempt to gain access to secure areas for the purpose of commercial gain or to spam other users.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic and administrative safeguards. At NTMir, your personal information is kept strictly confidential and stored in a secure environment, and access to your information is restricted only to authorized staff with a legitimate and specific business purpose.
We process your donations via encrypted Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) sessions. SSL is the industry standard for securing web transactions. Your personal information is stored digitally in a database that utilizes SSL encryption and various user and server-side security checks.
Any third-party provider who provides technical support or services is bound by these terms and has agreed to hold information in confidence.
Our staff is trained and educated in the importances of and procedures for maintaining data security. However, such precautions do not guarantee complete invulnerability from breach. Our website, computers and servers use multiple security layers and protocols to prevent such events from occurring, however, such measures can never be foolproof.
Our support groups are independent and maintained by individual support group leaders. If you become a member of a support group’s separate online forum or email group, that support group leader will have access to any personal information you provide to them.
You may be asked to participate in occasional online surveys. We will always disclose whether we are conducting the survey ourselves on behalf of NTMir or a third party, or whether a third party is conducting the survey. Your participation in these surveys is voluntary, and is always appreciated. If you respond to a survey, the information may be used to compile reports or studies, or to determine your eligibility to participate in certain studies or clinical trials. NTMir maintains privacy and protection of all data collected for any NTMir-conducted survey, to the best of our ability, but we are not responsible for any third-party surveys or the privacy and security thereof. If you have any questions about a survey not being conducted by NTMir, you may contact the relevant party conducting that survey.
Use of Personal Information
NTMir will not share our website visitor’s personal information with a third party , except to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws, police investigations, or in legal proceedings where such information is relevant. You understand and agree that NTMir may disclose to third parties information on zipcode as well as gender and age, but only in the form of aggregated information, and never without personally identifying information. If you willingly provide us your personal information, NTMir may use it in the following ways:
When you make an online donation to us, you will receive an acknowledgement letter and may be placed on our mailing list to receive publications and other mailings via regular mail and/or email. As a donor, you may request to have your name removed from these mailing lists. To opt-out and remove your name from future emails or mailings, please see the “Opt Out” instructions below.
The amount of your gift is shown on the receipt letter we send you, but we never share the amount with the person or family you designated. The person or family you honor will receive an acknowledgment of your donation.
Email information requests and questions: When we respond to your email request or questions, we collect your information, but we do not place you on a mailing or email list. In order to be placed on an email list, you may register for our e-news service from our website in accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2000 and other applicable laws.
LINKS TO OTHER SITEs
We may also provide links to other sites that we believe may be useful or educational. NTMir is not responsible for the content, privacy policies, or actions of any third parties operating those sites, nor any consequences arising from the use of those sites. Please access the privacy policies of those sites or contact the relevant parties concerning their data collection practices.
We respect your privacy and we do not require that you provide any information to us in order to view our site. We also recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you. Simply send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- To remove your name from mailing lists, please provide your full name, mailing address, and/or your email address and a sentence requesting removal.
- To correct your personal information with the NTMir, please provide your name and/or email address and a sentence explaining the correction.
- You may also call us Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm (EST) at 305-667-6461, ext. 26.
- You may also remove yourself from our e-news service using the “Unsubscribe” link provided in every email we send out.
CHAT ROOMS, DISCUSSION BOARDS, SOCIAL MEDIA, EMAIL GROUPS
You should remember that other members including patients and third parties participating in chat rooms, discussion boards, social media, email groups and other online public discussions are not controlled by NTMir. While we may monitor these forums to control inappropriate content, we cannot control the privacy of information divulged in these forums. If you choose to reveal personal, contact or medical information in these forums, you do so at your own risk.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
If you have any questions, concerns or comments about our privacy policies or practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-667-6461, ext. 26.